Friday, August 28

Lemonade Vodka Thirst Quencher

OK, so this was going to be either a post about building an arbor in the garden for gourds and pumpkins
or a post about painting and restyling a garden lantern.
But while digging through my photos for those posts,  I came across the pics I took earlier this week for a drink I mix up occasionally for my hubby and me on hot summer evenings!

This delicious and refreshing adult beverage with a kick, won out over the other posts, sign.
It's been a long week!

I suggest you mix this drink up the first time according to the recipe, then you can tweak it from there.
Example:  You can add more lemon or less sugar or adjust the vodka amount to your tastes, etc.






Tips and Suggestions:
  • Use a good quality lemonade or fresh homemade for the best results.
  • I use Sierra Mist because it's made with sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.  We try to steer clear of that stuff but if you want you can use 7-up or Sprite.
  • I use pure cane sugar, just a little but you don't have to add it. Artificial sweeteners will change the flavor of the drink and we don't use them anyway. 
  • You can squeeze fresh lemon into the drink or squirt in a few drops of real lemon juice for more lemon flavor. Same with lime. 
  • Be careful with the vodka.  This drink seems mild and harmless (like baby kittens) buts it really carries a punch (like a feral cat!).  You don't want to get your guests all liquored up, haha

Ingredients

Here's what I use and how I make it.

Lemonade Vodka Thirst Quencher

Makes 2

1 can Sierra Mist
2 cups Simply Lemonade brand lemonade
2 teaspoons sugar
2 shots of Smirnoff Vodka
2 glasses
Ice
Lemon wedge for garnish



Easy Directions:
Add about 1 cup of lemonade to each glass.
Pour 1/2 can of Sierra Mist into each glass.



Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to each glass.  Adding the sugar will make it fizz just a little.


Add one shot of vodka to each glass. That's a little shot glass we purchased as a souvenir from one of our favorite places, St. Augustine, Florida.


Gently stir.
Add ice (if desired) and a lemon wedge to each glass. Enjoy!





PRINT RECIPE

This month we have been busy working in and weeding the vegetable garden, getting farm projects done and canning all the produce.  I'm also hosting an Under the Sea Baby Shower next weekend so have been busy every minute for weeks. 
And my computer went to computer heaven a few days ago,  ugh. 
I think I need one of these drinks myself!!

Elizabeth

Other Posts:

Italian Dinner Party 

Frozen Watermelon Margaritas 

Homemade Cherry Brandy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotten a couple good drinks from your blog!
Keep on writing and sharing, great job!

Elizabeth Ohiothoughts said...

Thanks!