|I took this photo of blueberries while in the Smoky Mountains|
This is a great tasting jam, the color is beautiful and the combination of the blueberry and lemon flavors together is amazing. (think lemon blueberry cheesecake!)
Blueberry Lemon Jam
|Combine berries and sugar in a large sauce or stockpot|
|Stir in Pectin and boil for 1 minute|
|Fill jars and leave a 1/2 inch headspace|
- If you wish, follow the original recipe which calls for 4 ½
cups of blueberries and 7 cups of sugar, along with the rest of the ingredients
and same directions. But it is extremely sweet.
- If you do not have lemons or lemon zest on hand, or want just plain blueberry jam, the lemon can be omitted and will not affect the recipe.
- If more lemon flavor is desired, increase lemon juice to ½ cup and lemon zest to 4 teaspoons.
- These make great gifts for Christmas, house warming, new neighbors, birthdays or other special occasions.
- If you need extra jam, this recipe can be doubled.
- There are times when jam just does not set up. Not to worry, it makes wonderful syrup for pancakes!
I am patiently waiting for strawberries to ripen in our area the first week of June. This year besides making strawberry jam and freezing strawberries I want to attempt strawberry pie filling!