Tasty Cranberry Sauce


Well it's that time of year to dig though all my recipes, try to find the best ones to make for Thanksgiving Dinner!

I keep notes each year of recipes used and food prepared in the past.  I also pencil in tips to myself such as "fantastic" or "this was really yummy" or "not so good".

We have all the traditional food: Turkey, dressing, yams, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, etc. And I always have cranberries. But each year it seems many dinner guests do not like cranberries, and won't even try them!  So in recent years I have been experimenting with different Cranberry Sauce recipes and came across this one in 2007. It was a big hit that Thanksgiving and all the years to follow. I hope you enjoy it!



CRANBERRY SAUCE

Make this tangy-sweet sauce up to two days ahead, and refrigerate it.
Can be served with turkey or any bird.
Try it on turkey sandwiches!

Ingredients
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 (12-oz) pkg fresh cranberries (or whole canned)
1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick

Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Discard cinnamon stick; cool completely.

Yield
14 servings @ 2 tablespoons each

PRINT THIS RECIPE

Happy Thanksgiving,
Elizabeth


Other Blog Posts:

Mini Pecan Pies

Pumpkin Martini

Homemade Vanilla









6 comments:

  1. Nice recipe....add a bit of balsamic vinegar to this and should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 12, 2014

    I've been browsing on-line more than 3 hours today, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article
    like yours, in my view. If all website owners and bloggers made such excellent content material as you, the net would be a lot more useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 19, 2015

    I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your site is really nice, keep it up! And I have saved this recipe! Matt

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

Thanks!