Black Bean, Tomato and Corn Salsa

We love salsa and pica de Galla and eat both year-round.  
I have a favorite Honey Lime Chicken Kabob recipe that's grilled and needed a new side dish to complement that recipe.
 
Salsa of course came to mind, and although I make different kinds of salsa, like strawberry and peach, I decided to try a new version. 
This is way easy and super delicious!  We ended up eating nearly half of it with tortilla chips before dinner was even ready.


I’m going to keep this recipe in mind for our occasional Mexican Dinner night.


Black Bean, Tomato and Corn Salsa

PRINT RECIPE

Ingredients:
1 can (2 cups) black beans
1 can (2 cups) yellow corn
1 can (2 cups) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
½ cup freshly chopped cilantro
Dash of sea salt
Dash of lime juice (or juice of one lime)


Directions:
Open can of black beans, place in a strainer, and rinse off excess "juice".
Place beans into a large mixing bowl.
Open the can of corn and drain the liquid then place in the bowl with beans.
Open a can of tomatoes, holding the lid, pour out the liquid then add to beans and corn.  
Gently mix all together.
 
Chop cilantro 

Dice the onion and cilantro and add to the bean mixture.
Add lime juice and a dash of salt, and then stir.

Mix together

Serve as a side dish, use as a topping for grilled meat or eat with tortilla chips.



Tips and Suggestions:

  • This recipe can be doubled.
  • Use fresh corn if possible but canned is fine too.
  • For more color use bi-colored corn or corn with green chilies.
  • I used organic diced tomatoes with green chilies, but fresh tomatoes would be divine!
  • Add diced green bell pepper
  • Add fresh minced garlic
  • Add diced avocado
  • For spicy, add diced jalapeno or add cayenne pepper.
  • No fresh cilantro on hand?  Use ¼ cup dried cilantro.
  • Any leftovers can be added to cooked rice or quinoa





My cilantro is ready to eat and soon my tomatoes and hot peppers will be ripe.  Fresh from the garden salsa is one of the summer’s greatest joys.

Elizabeth


This salsa was a side dish for my barbecued Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs with Strawberry salsa garnish

Other Posts:

Blueberry Lemon Jam

Lemon Ice Box Pie

Tomato Cream Cheese Sandwich



3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2015

    Hello there, I am so thrilled I found your web site. A friend forwarded a pin to me with this corn salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2015

    Yea, so I need the recipe for that BBQed chicken and that strawberry salsa! You can't just leave the photo on the bottom of the post with food like that without sharing the recipes! Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes Anthony! I will get to that one soon, the Honey Lime Chicken. It is to die for. The strawberry salsa is really easy and can be made with any fruit really. I'll post ASAP. Thanks for the interest!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

Thanks!